To all of you who know someone who is fighting this dreadful disease, know someone who has passed on, or may even be fighting this battle yourself... I hope you find some comfort here at this site, whether it be an article, a link, or even a picture. My heart is with you, for I have lost my dear sister Janel who was only 42 at her passing October 26th, 2009. This young woman never drank alcohol or smoked a day in her life. She was a third degree brown belt in karate and only lived for three days following her diagnosis. I encourage everyone to support research and funding for this silent killer.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Letter to Heaven #1

Dear Janel,

Just so you know… I talk to you often. I know you hear and feel my pain in missing you. I’m writing to you because I know that you will receive this. I never removed your name from my email contacts. Feel free to write anytime… I also have you in my phone with a special ring tone so that I know it’s you when you decide to call. I’m going to post this on my blog because it will be here forever.

We went to the Potomac Bead Company this year again for Mother’s Day. It was real hard for mom and me to be there without you. I’ve been wearing your bracelet often. I enjoy wearing a piece of your jewelry or one of your outfits. I feel as if you are here with me when I do this.

Your birthday will be here soon and it happens to be on Father’s Day. Mom, dad, and I don’t know whether we will be going up to Pen Mar Park this year to celebrate. You know how much we enjoy going up there for Father’s Day. It might just be too hard for us to have a good time.

Carl and I visited Megan and Glenn earlier in June. We stayed with them and enjoyed a trip downtown to the Market, which we so love. We also enjoyed a beautiful dinner at Glenn’s mom’s home. We had such a nice time it was hard to leave.

Faith is out of school for the summer and I’m anxious to get a call from her saying she’d like to stay for a few days. We do have the twin neighbor girls, Emily and Melanie, to have some fun with. Yesterday, I took some frozen lemonade popsicles outside to share with them. They were both amazed how I froze the lemonade into a popsicle. Kids are so much fun!

The Greencastle Relay for Life was last month and mom, dad, Carl, and I went. I walked the survivors lap and we had a candle lit in remembrance of you. I pray that the donations will help to find a cure for all cancers very soon!

As you probably know, your pet buddy Casey passed away last month, rather suddenly and sort of ironically, from about the same thing you died from. Dad buried him right outside your bedroom window.

Mom and dad are joining us for dinner this afternoon. We still play dominos, although it’s not quite the same without you.

Take care LOVE!!! Don’t forget to send me an occasional sign so I know you are here with me.

Big Sister,
Deb

No comments: